วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 4 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Strymon El Capistan vs. Real Tape Delays: Maestro Echoplex EP-3

Strymon El Capistan vs. Real Tape Delays: Maestro Echoplex EP-3 Tube. Duration : 10.55 Mins.


This is the 2nd clip / video in the 'Strymon El Capistan vs. Real Tape Delays' series (the first being the Roland RE-501 Chorus Echo). I don't own an El Capistan myself, but a guy I know, Wouter (WtrPlyr), and I got together to set up this concept and compare some of the tape delays I have to the El Capistan, which is a tape delay modeler/emulator (a very nice one and the best out there, in stompbox format, that is). We used the DigiTech JamMan Stereo and recorded a dry loop every time and routed that through the El Capistan and the EP-3 - both of them were in a true bypass looper (RJM Music Effects Gizmo). You be the own judge of which one you prefer. I do have to say that I don't think the El Capistan does the EP-3 sound at all. I was hoping the Low End Contour function would enable me to cut the lows on the repeats so they become brighter, like on the EP-3, but this isn't the case. I wasn't expecting it though, since the EP-3 has a really unique thing going on, in that department. Hear the El Capistan vs. the Roland RE-501 Chorus Echo here: - www.youtube.com Hear the El Capistan on its own here: - www.youtube.com - - - Gear used for recording: -PreSonus FirePod - Ableton Live 6.01 Plugins: - Guitar Rig 4 (2x Twin Reverb models) - PSP Master Compressor - - - Gear used: Guitar: - Fender '08 California Series USA Stratocaster [Fender Tex-Mex Pickups] .010 Fender Bullet String (tuned in drop C# / Db Tuning) Signal Chain: - DigiTech JamMan Stereo - RJM Music Effects Gizmo ...

Tags:

Related : choose monitor Digital Camera Target Telescopic Sight

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น